NWC is a leading retailer to under-served rural communities and urban neighbourhood markets in the following regions: Northern Canada, Western Canada, rural Alaska, the South Pacific islands, and the Caribbean. Our stores offer a broad range of products and services with an emphasis on food. Our value offer is to be the best local shopping choice for everyday household and local lifestyle needs. Check out northwest.ca for more information. Go North.
Do you enjoy using your confidence, pride, and passion to meet the needs of your community? The North West Company (NWC) is hiring Store Managers for their Northern and NorthMart stores. Bring your high-level retail experience and excitement to lead and develop a team, and make a difference, at NWC. As a Store Manager, level 1-3, you’re a hands-on manager of a small to medium sized operation, and you possess strong organizational and delegation skills.
Ready to embrace your direction? Joining NWC gives you the opportunity for growth and development throughout the company, a competitive salary and benefits package, and to be part of a dynamic and diverse culture.
All successful candidates must be able to re-locate to remote regions in Northern Canada. You’ll receive benefits such as subsidized housing and food allowance, paid vacation travel, bonus and profit sharing opportunities, ability to bank what you earn and more! We even have, and encourage, employment opportunities for spouses.
- Ensure appropriate merchandise properly presented to maximize sales and profits;
- Control labour and overhead costs;
- Ensure appropriate inventory levels to maximize sales, inventory turns, and return on investment;
- Drive sales through promotional offerings;
- Estimate and order ingredients and supplies, ensure food service quality control, and maintain records of stock, repairs, sales, and wastage;
- Supervise and check assembly of trays and delivery of food;
- Meet all sanitation, and safety procedures, supervise and co-ordinate activities of preparation and food portioning;
- Provide a pleasant dining experience, build customer report, and effectively resolve customer concerns; and
- Ensure department cleanliness and maintenance.
Desired Skills & Experience:
- Minimum of 2 years’ related experience in a food service environment;
- Proven experience in all aspects of customer service;
- Strong working knowledge of hospitality principles, methods, practices, and techniques;
- Excellent ability to multi-task and memorize orders;
- Driven to deliver a great dining experience for our customers;
- Highly motivated with a passion to bring our communities products and services to live better;
- Demonstrated knowledge of product, service, quality, equipment, and operations standards;
- Ability to work independently and with a team; and
- Able to remain calm and effective under pressure.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit