Senior Agreement Specialist
Job ID: 2413
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Senior Agreements Specialist is responsible for the development of operator and operating agreements for a wide variety of housing programs delivered and managed by BC Housing’s non-profit and private sector partners, and for preparing and issuing the more complex agreements with housing providers which involves understanding the requirements of internal staff, understanding BC Housing program frameworks and drafting legal terms and conditions. The Senior Agreements Specialist also facilitates the negotiation process with housing providers, and designs new agreements and templates in accordance with new and revised housing program frameworks.
Bachelor degree in a relevant discipline such as law, business administration, public policy, preferably supplemented by a paralegal diploma or equivalent from a recognized educational institution.
Minimum 4 years progressively more complex and responsible work experience in the development, negotiation and administration of contracts and agreements, preferably in a public sector or housing environment.
Considerable experience in contract and real estate law
Considerable experience interpreting complex agreements, drafting legal terms and conditions, negotiating with third parties, and executing contracts
Experience in the public or non-profit sector, ideally in a role related to agreement management
An equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may also be considered
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Demonstrated attention to detail and initiative to seek out required information and clarification
- Diligent in becoming familiar and understanding BC Housing’s existing programs and agreements and applying this knowledge.
- Knowledge of legal requirements related to agreement management, real estate, financing, and risk management.
- Some knowledge and understanding of Social Housing Agreement and related operational social housing programs at the federal/provincial and provincial levels an asset
- In-depth knowledge and understanding of the principles, practices and techniques of contract development, negotiation and administration
- Knowledge of property law, contract law and strategies for mitigating contract risk
- Ability to analyse contractual requirements, and negotiate and write complex contracts
- Considerable knowledge and understanding of the legislation, organization and policies of, and affecting, BC Housing.
- Strong analytical, problem solving, research, communication and decision-making skills.
- Ability to establish, foster and maintain positive and effective working relationships with internal and external stakeholders, and address problems in a diplomatic and tactful manner in order to successfully accomplish objectives
- Intermediate to advanced knowledge and skills in, MS Word, Access and Excel, MS Outlook, and Contract Management related tools
- Proven ability to perform in a demanding atmosphere under pressure of deadlines; strong time management skills
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.