Program Director, Business and Professional Education
Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension
Full-Time, Replacement-Term to June 30, 2018
Competition Number: 9418ES
Recognizing that Mount Royal University is located within the traditional lands of the Niitsitapi (Blackfoot), Îyârhe Nakoda, and Tsuut’ina nations, MRU is committed to meeting the educational needs of all Indigenous peoples and their allies. By fostering an inclusive learning environment that values and respects Indigenous ways of knowing and learning, Mount Royal University is dedicated to providing an exceptional undergraduate experience for Indigenous and non-Indigenous students.
The Faculty of Continuing Education and Extension provides personal and professional development courses and programs for over 40,000 registrants annually and is committed to learner success and satisfaction.
As the Program Director, Business and Professional Education, you will be accountable for developing a strategy and a vision for the overall area of responsibilities, including: market assessment and planning, program development, coordinating, and supervising a comprehensive, financially self-supporting Continuing Education and Extension portfolio. In addition, the individual will also oversee the Business Development unit and lead sales and business development staff to identify new opportunities locally, nationally and internationally. The individual is also responsible for supervision of support staff, budget planning and monitoring, and is adept at working with other University academic and service departments.
- Build and maintain partnerships internally and externally.
- Resolve instructor and student issues and concerns that are elevated from the Program Coordinator and Program Administrator levels.
- Develop and monitor the budget and resolve discrepancies.
- Create and monitor contracts and agreements.
- Research and develop new courses, programs, initiatives and establish procedures, guidelines and expectations.
- Ensure that excellent adult education principles are incorporated into program curriculum, teaching styles and day-to-day operations.
- Lead and supervise staff.
- Recruit, hire and train staff.
- Master’s degree in Adult Education or a related field and 5 years’ related Management experience. A PhD is considered an asset.
- Experience in budget planning is a definite asset.
- Adept at working with other University academic and service departments.
- The successful candidate must have excellent leadership, communication, organization, project management, and team building skills.
Closing Date: March 16, 2017
Reply to: Mount Royal University
Department of Human Resources