Senior Architect, Digital Operations (English Services) - TOR05545
Status of Employment Contract, Full-time
Job Media Production
Primary Location Toronto
Deadline Date Mar 2, 2017
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
If you're passionate aboutCanada, and you love technology, learning and bringing out the best in others, you’ll love working at CBC.
We are looking to hire a Senior Architect to join our Digital Operations team inToronto.
Canadians want a great digital experience when they visit cbc.ca. One way we do that is with better data. So let’s give them one. We’re looking for somebody who wants to work with data, data management platforms, and API’s at scale.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Working with the DMP, analytics, content distribution, and front end teams to integrate systems and develop utility on the data;
- Coming up with hypotheses to test against our multiple systems;
- Developing Proof of Concepts, in a labs development environment, to assess their viability;
- Communicating loudly about failed experiments and even louder about what worked;
- Lead the charge on scaling what works.
We are a looking for a candidate who has:
- Java and common Java frameworks
- Relational and noSQL databases
- Easily learn new languages and technologies
- Communicate technical designs to a technical and non-technical audience
- Cloud computing and big data
- Rest API design and construction
- Data Management Platforms
- Listen and have empathy for diverse perspectives
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and respond to change by learning and adapting
- Share what you’ve learned and and encourage team members to teach others
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills with a keen sense for understanding the audience (both business and technical) and communicating at the right level of detail
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative environment and deal with ambiguity
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5890ffc2e1e9c2232db20c23/51fc022258b70066fae4a084/en