Reporting to the National Feature Film Executive – English Market, the Content Analyst works with other members of the Feature Film team providing support to the decision makers with respect to creative matters on a multitude of issues. Also, the incumbent will be a reference/resource to Indigenous creators to effectively navigate throughout the organization and assist them in liaising with the appropriate personnel. As a key member of the team, the Analyst:
- Has solid expertise in the concept, writing and development of scripts for fiction feature films.
- Assesses the creative content of production funding requests within a complex, dynamic and constantly evolving creative environment as well as providing feedback and content notes to the decision-makers on the creative elements of the financing proposal.
- Attends screenings for a film’s rough cut and final cut and provides comments/feedback.
- Screens applicants’ previous films and assesses the track record of producers, writers and directors.
- Provides support to the National Feature Film Executive in effectively planning and managing the different programs and tracking them throughout the annual funding cycle.
- Helps develop guidelines and participates in other special projects tied to content analysis and creative issues. You will also be expected to take on project-management responsibilities.
- Helps the team benefit from industry knowledge by screening films and continually updates knowledge of the market.
University degree in a related field and a minimum of five years’ experience in a similar position.
Experience in the film and television industry in the development of feature film scripts and a solid understanding of feature film-financing.
Knowledge of Telefilm Canada’s mission, principal activities, productions and role in the Canadian and international audio-visual communities an asset.
Superior analytical and conceptualization skills, diplomatic skills and excellent organizational skills, including the ability to handle several projects at once.
Excellent interpersonal skills, capacity for tact and diplomacy, a team player.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills in English and the knowledge of French is an asset.