Human Resources Intern
Are you a Human Resources (HR) professional looking to take the next step in your career? Come join our team and showcase your knowledge in human resources and demonstrate your strong analytical skills!
The Ministry of Northern Development and Mines is looking for a dynamic client-focused individual to participate on special projects and support strategic human resources initiatives.
What can I expect to do in this role?
As a member of a highly effective team, you will:
• assist in the design and delivery of various ministry-wide programs such as leadership development, youth employment, and engagement and recognition
• support ministry-wide initiatives such as health, safety and wellness, emergency management and security, human capital planning, talent and succession management
• provide coordination support for the ministry's Inclusion Council by facilitating and scheduling meetings, distributing materials and taking notes
• participate on committees and special projects as assigned
How do I qualify?
• You must have graduated from a college or university of recognized standing, with a diploma, degree or post-graduate certificate, within the past three (3) years.
• knowledge of human resources management to help analyze data, issues and trends, and to assist and provide support in the design and delivery of programs
• ability to interpret legislation such as the Occupational Health and Safety Act and the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act, collective agreements, and policies
• research and analytical skills to conduct research, identify trends and analyze/compare program data within the ministry and across jurisdictions
Communication and collaborative skills:
• communication and presentation skills to prepare reports, help facilitate sessions and interact with a variety of internal and external contacts
• team building and collaborative skills to work with teammates and others to brainstorm and solve problems that are mutually beneficial
Project management skills:
• project management skills to assist with coordination of various initiatives, projects and issues
• knowledge of and experience with word processing, database and spreadsheet software applications to prepare correspondence, reports, and presentations
Salary Range: $53,859 - $64,005 per year
- 1 Temporary, duration up to 12 months, 159 Cedar St, Sudbury, North Region
Please apply online, only, at www.ontario.ca/careers, quoting Job ID 103770, by Wednesday, February 15, 2017. Please follow the instructions to submit your application. Faxes are not being accepted at this time.
If you require accommodation in order to participate in the recruitment process, please contact us at www.gojobs.gov.on.ca/ContactUs.aspx to provide your contact information. Recruitment Services staff will contact you within 48 hours. Only those applicants selected for an interview will be contacted.
The Ontario Public Service is an inclusive employer. Accommodation will be provided in accordance with Ontario’s Human Rights Code.