We are currently looking for 2 Senior Real Estate Coordinators. One will be a full-time permanent position, the other will be a 3-year contract.
AREA OF RESPONSIBILITY:
Reporting to the Senior Manager, Realty Services, this position is one of a team of real estate administrators effecting the transactions of various real estate interests required either by the City in connection with capital and non-capital projects, or by external parties to facilitate real estate activities, for the mutual benefit of the City and its citizens.
- Negotiate and document complex and non-routine real estate transactions (property acquisitions and expropriations, disposals, leases, licenses, easements, encroachments, other occupancy agreements and other limited interest agreements) with appropriate consideration given to long-term and immediate real estate needs of the Corporation. Supervise support staff in the negotiation and documentation of transactions. Coordinate contracts with outside consultants, including real estate companies, negotiators and appraisers. Prepare and present information or recommendation reports to Council.
- Provide property valuation and general real estate expertise. Undertake complex property valuations and prepare valuation reports in connection with real estate transactions and in connection with the calculation of cash payments in lieu of parkland dedications (CIL) pursuant to the Planning Act. Supervise support staff in valuations and report writing. Review external, professional appraisal reports obtained in connection with real estate transactions, medium and long range planning purposes, or CIL valuations. Represent the City at the Ontario Municipal Board and other arbitration panels, as required. Attend Committee and Council meetings, community advisory group meetings, public information centres and meetings with utility/service providers and other levels of government, where appropriate. Respond to inquiries from Council, staff and the general public concerning the potential disposal, acquisition and use of City-owned real estate. Assist with development of real estate policies and procedures to ensure effective management of real estate matters. Prepare GIS based sketches and plans. Interpret plans and drawings, such as reference plans and engineering drawings.
- Direct others. Direct and coordinate contracts with outside consultants, real estate companies and appraisers. Liaise with and assist outside appraisers retained by the City. Supervise the work of administrative support staff, as it relates to the functions of this position. Supervise support staff in the monitoring and enforcing of lessor/lessee obligations pursuant to occupancy agreements.
- Liaise with stakeholders. Participate as a member of the Real Estate Coordinating Team and special project teams to ensure the proper coordination, implementation and prioritization of real estate matters. Liaise with staff of other City departments, Hydro One Brampton, the Region of Peel and other public agencies and authorities on real estate matters. Maintain membership in the Appraisal Institute of Canada and/or International Right-of-Way Association and/or Ontario Expropriation Authority. Actively participate in the Ontario Association of Municipal Real Estate Administrators.
- University degree in Geography, Economics, Business Administration or similar
- Additional formal training courses in Real Estate Appraisal (Appraisal Institute of Canada or equivalent)
- Right of Way education (International Right of Way Association or equivalent) would be an asset.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in a municipal or other government real estate office
- Demonstrated exceptional communication skills, negotiation skills and superior report writing;
- Proficiency on MS Office suite software
Starting salary range: $84,946.00 (negotiable)
** Various tests and/or exams may be administered as part of the selection criteria.
TO APPLY: Please apply quoting the file number 102329 by January 23, 2017 via www.workopolis.com If you require assistance with the application process, please contact us directly. We thank all applicants; however, only those selected for an interview will be contacted. We are dedicated to equal opportunity.
The City is an equal opportunity employer. We are committed to inclusive, barrier-free recruitment and selection processes and work environments. If you are contacted for a job opportunity, please advise the Human Resources Division of any accommodations needed to ensure you have access to a fair and equitable process. Any information received relating to accommodation will be addressed confidentially.
By applying to this position you are confirming you possess either a Canadian citizenship, permanent resident status or work permit