Records and Information Clerk
Short Term/Full Time
Job ID: 2371
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Manager, Records & Information Privacy, the Records & Information Clerk provides technical assistance and training to BC Housing staff to ensure compliance with the Records Management Program. The position maintains and supports Records and Information management systems; administers the classification, storage, retrieval and destruction of records; and performs other activities including scanning projects and assisting the Records & Information Assistant with various administrative and records management related duties.
High school graduation plus completion of a comprehensive post-secondary course in records management from a recognized educational institution
Training in various software applications relating to records management
A minimum of two years related records, library or archival clerical experience.
Experience using several data base systems
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Good knowledge of records management practices
- General knowledge of Records Management systems
- Strong command of the English language and ability to effectively communicate orally and in writing
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to create positive working relationships with all departments
- Logical, methodical and detail-oriented, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to prioritize and process a large volume of work and meet prescribed deadlines
- Intermediate level skills in MS Office 2007 and various database systems and ability to manoeuvre between applications with ease
- Ability of type 40 wpm minimum
- Ability to lift boxes weighing up to 18 kilograms
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.