As the Small Medium Business, Sales Manager you will be reporting to the VP of National Sales and Customer Experience. You will be responsible for providing strategic account management insights and motivating the SMB team. You will focus on our small medium business clients to maximize quality and revenue by nurturing new leads, implementing retention strategies and growth of existing accounts. You will foster a sales environment of high performance and drive for overachievement; supporting in the delivery of successful sales results.
You will solely be accountable to oversee ongoing training & coaching of the team to achieve sales targets. You will play an integral role in the SMB sales growth strategy, planning, decision making, and execution so our product offerings are being presented to maximize revenue in the Canadian market.
Here's what you'll get to do:
- Monitor employee productivity and motivate team to reach daily call goals and ensure sales objectives for both individuals and team targets are achieved.
- Build a solid inside sales lead generation team that exceeds sales goals.
- Evaluate and improve inside sales and sales administration processes in accordance with company policies.
- Introduce value added incentive programs to deliver results in a fast paced, deadline driven environment.
- Work with Human Resources partner to determine appropriate staffing levels.
- Conduct interviews, orientations and ongoing training to manage performance.
- Schedule and lead department stand up, training workshops as and when required within allocated budget.
- Conduct regular 1:1 with the team to manage individual performance and deliver feedback to motivate success.
- Report to senior management on sales metrics, opportunities, and threats.
- Ensure accurate and complete information is captured in our customer relationship management system (i.e – NetSuite, ActOn).
- Create and identify renewal strategies and upsell opportunities the team can leverage.
- Ability to analyze data and sales number to provide daily and weekly check ins with individuals and the team.
Here's what you bring to the table:
- Post-secondary education in business or a related field (University Degree/College Diploma).
- 5 years of B2B sales experience and a minimum of 2 years’ direct manager experience who has built, led and coached a high performing sales team.
- Knowledge of and experience with the latest trends in digital marketing, from advertising or media, or from a technology solutions-selling environment.
- Exceptional written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to maintain an upbeat and positive attitude within the team at all times.
- Experience working within CRM systems like NetSuite and ActOn is an asset.
- Solid capacity for generating revenue, and overachieving budget expectations.
- Strong record of success in meeting and exceeding personal targets and team sales goals.
- Aptitude to analyze sales numbers, share insights and train the team to overcome gaps.
- Ability to work in self-directed, fast-paced entrepreneurial environment.
- French is an asset.
- Highly proficient computer skills including email, MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint.
Join our team and work out of our new space at 1 Yonge Street.
Workopolis will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.