Budget Financial Analyst
Job ID: 2367
Short Term - Full Time
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Manager, Budgeting and Forecasting or the Manager, Financial Analysis and Reporting, the position prepares complex and comprehensive financial analyses and reports and participates in the annual budget process. The position also provides consulting services to staff in other departments in regards to managing, analysing and verifying financial data.
University degree in accounting, finance, business administration, or public administration or a related field, or an equivalent amount of education and experience
Successful completion of the last year of a recognized accounting program towards obtaining an accounting designation
Four years of progressively complex and responsible accounting experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment carrying out complex financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions
Or an equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Strong knowledge of budgeting and financial reporting functions, specifically within the government and non-profit environment;
- Knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls;
- Knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JDE1 and WebFOCUS would be an asset;
- High degree of understanding accounting processes;
- High degree of attention to details especially working with numbers and dollars;
- Research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Proactive with ability to take initiative and work independently; and,
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.