Job ID: 2350
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
The Supply Chain Management Department is responsible for providing professional expert direction regarding strategic procurement opportunities, contract development and administration, vendor management, efficient, cost effective procurement of goods and services for all BC Housing Branches and Regional Offices located throughout the Province
The Procurement Specialist uses the public procurement guidelines and BC Housing policies to guide his/her actions and make appropriate decisions. The Procurement Specialist works independently and proactively to support her/his business partners (client departments). The Procurement Specialist’s main areas of responsibility are: tendering processes; strategic procurement of construction, renovations, equipment, services and supplies; supporting supplier relationships; providing expertise and guidance to staff engaged in supply chain activities.
Bachelor degree, or advanced diploma, in a relevant discipline from a technical institute or university and/or specific supply chain education such as:
Purchasing Management Association of Canada - Certified Professional Purchaser program or Strategic Supply Chain Management Leadership Program; or Institute of Supply Management - Certified Professional in Supply Management; Public Sector Procurement Program– PSPP; or a combination of educational courses specifically focused on Supply Chain knowledge and requirements.
A minimum of four years progressively responsible purchasing or equivalent technical experience with a preference for experience in public sector procurement and tendering
OR An equivalent combination of education and experience acceptable to the employer may be considered.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- knowledge of purchasing in a variety of supplies and services
- knowledge of construction, building maintenance and repair, including parts and supplies;
- knowledge of construction purchasing and their contracts;
- strong decision making and analytical skills;
- negotiating prices, terms and conditions of agreements and contracts;
- resolving post-contractual problems;
- reviews amendments and terminations of contracts;
- effectively plan and organize purchasing activities;
- working knowledge of Public Procurement requirements and legislation;
- ability to provide outstanding customer service;
- ability to write reports, specifications, Bid Calls, Request for Proposals, etc.;
- advanced computer skills and knowledge, including, but not limited to: Microsoft Office – Professional Version;
- strong interpersonal and/or communication skills, performing duties in a professional manner;
- knowledge of Canadian construction, tendering and contract law(s) and practices;
- a valid BC Drivers License and must meet transportation requirements of the position
- able and willing to travel on BC Housing business.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.