Job ID: 2363
Burnaby (Metro Vancouver), BC
Reporting to the Manager, Financial Analysis and Reporting, the position is responsible for the integrity and operability of the core financial structure in the Finance JDE 1 system, and plans and participates in projects relating to the design, development and maintenance of the financial decision support framework, financial and data management, financial data warehouse, business processes, and financial and operating systems and controls.
A University degree in finance, business administration, or public administration or a related field; or,
Completion of a certificate, diploma, or degree in an accounting program;
Three years of progressively complex and responsible experience in a high volume computerized financial accounting environment carrying out complex financial analysis, reporting, budgeting and forecasting functions; or,
An equivalent combination of education, training and experience may be acceptable to the employer.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND SKILLS:
- Knowledge of financial, accounting and reporting systems, processes and controls;
- High degree of understanding accounting processes;
- Knowledge of mission-critical corporate enterprise applications such as JDE1 and WebFOCUS would be considered an asset;
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills;
- High degree of attention to details especially working with numbers and dollars;
- Ability to exercise tact, diplomacy and good judgement with a wide group of parties;
- Effective written and verbal communication and interpersonal skills;
- Research, analytical, problem solving and conceptual thinking skills;
- Proactive with ability to take initiative and work independently; and,
- Ability to manage complex administrative tasks, prioritize large volumes of work, and work under tight deadlines with changing priorities.
Please review the Job Description prior to applying
(When there is a pop up asking if you wish to view only secure items, press no)
To apply, please visit www.bchousing.org/careers
BC Housing—one of BC's Top Employers for 2016—is the provincial Crown agency that develops, manages and administers a wide range of subsidized housing options for those most in need across the province. Share in the rewards of working with an organization that offers challenging work and competitive compensation and supports the growth and development of its people.
To be considered for this competition, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume clearly identifying how they meet the qualifications necessary for this position. This information will be used as part of the selection process.
When applying, please submit a cover letter and your application in **one** single document as a word or pdf file only.
BC Housing thanks all applicants for their interest; only those selected for an interview will be contacted. This position is only open to those legally entitled to work in Canada.