We have an exciting opportunity for a DevOps Engineer to join the Workopolis Technology team. As Canada’s leading digital recruitment company, Workopolis has transformed its technologies to cloud based micro services utilizing the very best lean practices.
This role requires a unique individual who is passionate about web technologies and operations, building reliable scalable infrastructure and embracing leading edge trends. You follow the thought leaders in this space and are eager to put their ideas into action in a company eager to realize the benefits.
Here's what you will get to do:
- Implement and manage continuous delivery systems and methodologies
- Write automation tools and scripts for the maintenance of systems
- Automate deployments Bash, Jenkins, Puppet, Perl, PHP, PowerShell, MS Batch, Docker
- Build Dockerfiles and deploy applications with Docker orchestration tools - ECS/Kubernetes/Swarm
- Build, maintain, and troubleshoot our web sites and internal systems
- Support and continually enhance Akamai CDN services
- Source code version control and compilation using Git, svn, bzr, make, gcc
- Build our DNS, SMTP, DHCP and FTP servers in AWS
- Maintain and configure HA Proxy servers in AWS
- Continuous Integration with (Jenkins, Travis)
- Identify solutions to problems and proactively seek improvements in reliability and performance of Workopolis systems and products
Here's what we're looking for:
- Strong practical Linux and Windows-based systems administration skills in a Cloud, virtualized environment
- You love rapid experimentation and maintain a fail fast mentality!
- Experience with Chef, Ansible, Puppet, Agile, high-volume websites on AWS (EC2, S3, EBS, OpsWorks)
- An understanding of Micro-Service-Oriented Architecture
- 3+ years’ experience operating high Volume Web sites on AWS
- Strong practical Linux based systems administration skills in a Cloud, virtualized environment
- You have Python skills (BASH preferred) to go along with your strong analytical and problem solving abilities
- Previous experience working in an Agile environment
- GIT, GitLab, GitHub, Bitbucket versioning control.
- Finally, you’re an out of the box thinker with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
Join our team and work out of our new space at 1 Yonge Street.
Workopolis will accommodate people with disabilities throughout the recruitment and selection process. Applicants are encouraged to make their needs known in advance if accommodation is required.