Senior Architect, Digital Operations (English Services) - TOR05545
What it’s like working at CBC/Radio-Canada
Whether on-air or behind the scenes, here you join a team that thrives on making the connections and telling the stories that are important to Canadians. So, if you’ve got the ability to keep up with the pace of our ever-changing industry, the passion to make the next great idea even better and the drive to make things happen, this is the place for you.
If you're passionate aboutCanada, and you love technology, learning and bringing out the best in others, you’ll love working at CBC.
We are looking to hire a Senior Architect to join our Digital Operations team in Toronto.
As a Senior Architect, you will be responsible for introducing and encouraging industry best practices in support of the current and future team needs within the CBC. You will act as the architect behind design and development of various functionalities and ensure builds, roll-outs and integrations are done collaboratively with your team and with sustainability in mind. In addition you will also be responsible for introducing and supporting appropriate development standards for web development as it relates to the platforms and products you’re working on and oversee the seamless integration of third party supplied software components into product functionalities. The successful candidate will be a good communicator, mindful of the differences between technical and non-technical audiences, be comfortable working as part of a team with diverse opinions and understand the value of an Agile Culture and what that means for teams.
Role and Responsiblities:
- Collaborating with fellow team members and other teams to ensure that your designs and implementations follow the appropriate specifications and meet the development standards set for the team.
- Ensure all technical solutions are designed appropriately and effectively communicated with a goal of minimizing complexity and technical debt.
- Leading your team in providing task breakdown and effort estimates to assist planning and implementation.
- Collaborating with QA team members to facilitate successful releases.
- Mentoring and collaborating with content-area development teams to assist in the implementation and support of digital properties based on the platforms and frameworks developed by Digital Operations.
- A Computer Science, Engineering degree or equivalent.
- Expert in Object Oriented analysis and design methodologies.
High level of proficiency in the following:
- Accessbility Standards and Guidelines;
- JEE based frameworks such as Hibernate, Spring and JUnit;
- Java, JEE platform, OOA/OOD and design patterns;
- Database development including Postgres and MySQL solutions;
- PHP and / or Python;
- Web Analytics and Tracking techniques.
- Real world experience with Agile Methodologies and Values.
- At least 5 years professional experience developing large complex web based applications.
- Knowledge and understanding of digital Content Management Systems, particularly Atex (Polopoly) based solutions would be an asset.
- Listen and have empathy for diverse perspectives.
- Ability to quickly learn new technologies and respond to change by learning and adapting.
- Share what you’ve learned and and encourage team members to teach others.
- Excellent communication skills and presentation skills with a keen sense for understanding the audience (both business and technical) and communicating at the right level of detail.
- Ability to lead in a highly collaborative environment and deal with ambiguity.
Candidates may be subject to skills and knowledge testing.
CBC/Radio-Canada is committed to reflecting our country’s diversity.
In becoming the leader in expressing Canadian culture and enriching democratic life, we need to be as diverse in every way as the country we serve, both within our workforce and on air. As an employer, we value equal opportunity and nurture an inclusive workplace where our individual differences are not only recognized and valued, but also extend to and pervade all the services we provide as Canada's public broadcaster.
For more information, visit the Talent and Diversity section of our corporate website.
If this sounds interesting, please apply online! We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.
Please apply online at: https://rita.illicohodes.com/go/5835b2315fad9818742769e9/51fc022258b70066fae4a084/en