School of Apprenticeship and Skilled Trades
Part-time Teaching Opportunities
- Refrigeration & Air Conditioning Mechanic
- HVAC Technician
- Gas Technician
- Building Renovation – Carpentry
Location: Casa Loma Campus, 146 Kendal Ave, TorontoDuration: Starting January 2017 for either 8 or 16 weeks duration (daytime in 8 a.m.–6 p.m. time slot Monday to Friday)
George Brown College is one of Ontario’s leading providers of apprenticeship and skilled trades training, helping students establish a rewarding career in a skilled trade. We provide essential in-school apprenticeship training students, as well as offer several post-secondary trades-related programs.
Our facilities are located in the heart of Toronto and easily accessible by public transit. The learning labs have current, industry-standard facilities and equipment that will provide students with the knowledge and skills needed to be workplace-ready.
- Must have Certificate of Qualification in appropriate trade. Must have at least five years industry related experience as a Journeyperson in their trade
- Teaching experience preferred
- Excellent communication and human relations skills and a commitment to diversity and equity are essential. Ability to work in an environment where a diversity of people and situations are encountered
- The ability to convey the conceptual and practical aspects of subjects to students, respecting their diverse backgrounds, experience and individual learning styles is also essential, as is the desire to contribute to the education of the next generation of apprentices
- Candidates must also be committed to working within a team environment and to participating in a consultative decision-making process
TO APPLY: Please submit your detailed résumé and cover letter to email@example.com
Brown College is committed to accommodating applicants with disabilities throughout the hiring process, in accordance with the Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act (AODA). The Hiring Manager responsible for the recruitment for this position will work with applicants requesting accommodation at any stage of the hiring process. We thank all applicants; however only applicants that are being considered will be contacted